Position Title: Multimedia Content Intern
Position Number: 140000
Pay Rate: $12.00 to $15.00 per hour, no benefits or leave accrual
Position Type: Part Time
Essential Function: Communication Department for the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Position is part-time (no more than 29 hours per week), no benefits or leave accrual. Position will pay $12.00 - $15.00 per hour based on experience and skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Researching and writing feature stories, employee spotlights and customer spotlights for OneNet's website and the Council on
Information Technology website
* Creating and editing content for websites utilizing WordPress
* Developing content and new strategies for OneNet's social media presence
* Writing and designing outreach materials utilizing Adobe InDesign
* Designing graphics using Adobe Illustrator for use in outreach materials,websites, presentations and social media
* Taking and editing photos for web and print materials utilizing Adobe Photoshop
* Shooting, editing and producing video using Adobe Premiere for websites and social media
* Creating PDF documents and forms using Adobe Acrobat
* Assisting with customer outreach initiatives and event planning
Minimum Qualifications: Junior or Senior in bachelor's degree program or graduate student with a major in public relations, marketing, mass communications or journalism. Strong communication and writing skills with knowledge of AP style. Proficiency in Adobe CreativeCloud and WordPress. Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube). Attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Self-motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn. Ability to work no more than 29 hours per week. Work hours must be between 7:e0 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Supervision: The employee performs work under the supervision of the Director of OneNet Strategic Planning and Communications
Work Hours: Agency offices are open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. These are the normal office hours for Agency employees.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Exhibit manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to operate a computer, keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Ability to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids. Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels, with or without aids. Ability to communicate clearly. Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds, to bend, stoop, climb stairs, walk and reach. Must use the proper manual handling equipment including but not limited to dollies, carts and lift team members. Duties are normally performed in an office environment iwth a moderate noise level.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified. The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants: Plese submit one writing example
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Junior or Senior in a bachelor's degree program with a major in public relations, marketing, mass communications or journalism?
- * Do you have experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube?
- * Describe your proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your skills in graphic design, publication layout and video editing.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Other Website
- * Are you available to work between 20 and 30 hours a week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.?
2. Cover Letter
3. Writing Sample