Position Title: Strategic Communications Intern
Position Number: 140000
Pay Rate: $12.00-$15.00 per hour, no benefits or leave accrual
Position Type: Part-time
Paid, temporary poisition (no benefits or leave accrual) in the OneNet Communications Department for the Oklahoam State Regents for Higher Education. Position is part-time (no more than 29 per week), no benefits or leave accrual. Position will pay $12-00-$15.00 per hour based on experience and skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Research and write feature stories and other content for the web and outreach materials
* Write and design promotional materials and create PowerPoint presentations.
* Assist OneNet executive director and communications director in Council on Information Technology (CofT) initiatives.
* Conduct surveys and prepare reports for submission.
* Develop content and new strategies for OneNet's social media presence.
* Assist with OneNet custoer outreach initiatives and event planning.
* Take and edit photos for web and print materials.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Junior or Senior in bachelor's degree program or graduate student with a major in public relations, marketing, strategic communications or journalism
* Strong communication and writing skills with knowledge of AP Style
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress.
* Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube).
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Self-motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
* Work hours must be between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with no more than 29 hours per week worked.
The intern performs work under the supervision of the Director of OneNet Strategic Planning and Communications.
Agency offices are open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. These are the normal office hours for Agency employees.
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Exhibit manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to operate a computer, keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Ability to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids. Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels, with or without aids. Ability to communicate clearly. Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds, to bend, stoop, climb stairs, walk and reach. Must use the proper manual handling equipment including but not limited to dollies, carts and lift team members. Duties are normally performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intneded to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Until Filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*):
* Are you a Junior or Senior in a bachelor's degree program with a major in public relations, marketing, mass communications or journalism?
* Describe your proficiency in Microsoft Word,Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
* Do you have experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube?
* Do you have the ability to work up to 30 hours a week between the hours of 7:30-4:30?
* How did you hear about this employment opporptunity?
Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
Documents Needed to Apply