- Published: Wednesday, 22 February 2017 08:53
Various positions in:
* The O'Colly
* The O'Zone
* O'Colly Advertising
* Bullet Broadcast
* Orange House
* The O'Cast
Apply at www.workfortheocolly.com.
- Published: Wednesday, 25 January 2017 09:35
Total Miller Co. LLC is loooking for a hard working dependable team player to write and edit for the company's four weekly newspapers (The Hennessey Clipper, The Okeene Record, The Canton Times and The Dewey County Record). The reporter will be responsible for reporting on all aspects of our local communities including hard news, features, enterprise stories and investigative pieces. In addition, the position may require some copy editing and pagination work. Qualified candidate should have a degree in journalism/mass communications or a related field. Preference will be given to those with experience in reporting and editing pursuant to AP style guidelines as well as those that possess experience with Adobe Creative Suite software including InDesign and Photoshop. Position will primarily be centered in Okeene but will require work in all of our locations. Positions available immediately.
Contact: Interested applicants should submit a resume and professional writing clips, if available to Managing Publisher William Carroll at email@example.com.
- Published: Wednesday, 07 December 2016 10:34
Creates, produces, and announces topics on the radio, including music, entertainment, politics, news, weather, sports, traffic and other topics of interest.
* Announces radio playlist of musical selections; gives weather and traffic conditions; delivers sport scores, statistics and upcoming game information.
* Comments on music and other matters of interest to audience (e.g., classical, pop, rock, country and western, etc.).
* Writes, reviews and/or edits news copy, introductions, public service announcements, commercials, pre-recorded reports, contests, etc.
* Participates in promotional events.
* May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
* May indirectly sell advertising space to advertisers.
* Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
* Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
* Protects station's license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
* Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
* Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
* Handles emergency inserts (e.g., news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.)
* Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
* Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
* Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
* Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
* Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
* Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
* May require selling skills
* May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
* 1-2 years' experience as an announcer in smaller market or college station environment
* 4-year college degree preferred
1856 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO 65804