- Published: Tuesday, 07 February 2017 15:21
Fantastic opportunity for a student pursuing a degree in Professional Sales, Marketing, Technology Communications, Public Relations or Business Management to learn about the broadband and hosted telecommunications industries with the nation's 3rd largest cable television company. This paid internship is a work-based learning program under wihch students gain professional experience under supervision.
Cox Business is looking for a results-oriented Sales intern with responsibility for providing a project-based review of the sales opportunity, strategy and techniques for selling recently rolled-out products. This position strives to successfully generate sales through product knowledge and consultative selling techniques.
* Investigates and documents the market needs for managed services
* Develops and trains sales techniques to existing, tenured sales force for success in driving prospects
* Generates and analyzes sales data and develops recommendations for overcoming sales objections
* Develops a customer-focused solution-based sales script to identify and motivate potential customers in the consultative process
* Identifies new prospective clients by assisting team on executing on sales activities
* Assists Account Executives on client calls/presentations as requested
* Assists in the preparation of sales proposals and campaign solutions designed to meet individual customer needs
* Gather and distribute media research such as trade magazine articles, industry information, market data and other applicable
information for the sales department
* Attends job-related training as well as strategic and/or development meetings with their Local Sales Manager and as required in the
Attributes/Skills we seek:
* Strong desire to learn
* Consultative approach to customer discussions
* Customer focused attitude
* Self-motivation and accountability
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
* Currently enrolled in a related degree program such as Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business
Management or equivalent-related field
One or more of the following:
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout
* Must possess and can demonstrate strong analytical skills and aptitude
* Proficient computer skills including MIcrosoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Technology background and interest preferred
* Exceptional interpersonal/people skills including superb verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational, detail and follow-up skills
* Exudes a professional image
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes onlline or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
NOTE: This is a paid internship. Interested applicants should submimt their resume through the Career Services office at www.hireosugrads.com to job posting #83523 by February 24, 2017 link.
- Published: Thursday, 26 January 2017 14:11
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS -- INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Regional Representation of UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, in Washington, DC, seeks volunteer interns to assist in its Communications Department.
Interns will assist with advocacy and public awareness outreach to the general public, media, foundations, universities and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) regarding UNHCR protection and assistance programs and the needs of refugees and asylum seekers.
Media and Communications Internship
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
UNHCR is looking for an intern with a background in journalism, communications, media relations, social media, multimedia skills and some content creation for the web. Training will be provided; however, it is preferable that applicants have some multimedia/new media skills in advance.
Qualifications and Experience:
It is essential that interns possess a superior command of English with excerllent written and oral communication skills. Word processing, database and internet computer skills, knowledge of international affairs and refugee situations are highly desirable. Interest and experience in communications preferred. Undergraduate or graduate students please apply. A sense of humor is welcome. Journalism students desired.
Part-time internships are available, with a minimum of 20 hours per week (2.5 days per week) on a semester/summer basis.
Upcoming Deadline for Applications:
Summer: March 15
Fall: July 15
Winter & Spring: October 15
Applications must be complete or they will not be considered. Please send resume, cover letter and brief writing sample and dates of availability to the Internship Coordinator, UNHCR, 1800 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, Fax: 202-296-5660. Email: USAWAINT@unhcr.org. In you cover letter, please enter the subject line "Media and Communications Internship."
UNHCR thanks all applicants. UNHCR will only contact those applicants who will be interviewed.
- Published: Thursday, 01 December 2016 12:37
International Studies & Outreach Student Intern
Marketing, Communication & Events
Preference is given to those who have been pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, strategic communication, journalism or public relations for at least two years. The intern should be able to handle things like social media, flyer creation, content creation (SEO) and press releases. Knowledge of AP style, social media platforms and basic graphic design skills are also required. Interviews will begin as soon as possible so that the applicant may start as early next semester as possible.
Interns will assist the marketing team by:
* Writing press releases and articles
* Creating new ideas for use of social media and digital market strategies
* Demonstrating ability to meet weekly deadlines
* Demonstrating strong writing and communication skills with a working knowledge of AP style
* Demonstrating strong knowledge of social media
* Creating flyers, ads, brochures, newsletters, etc. on an ongoing basis to advertise events, courses or programs in the division
* Aiding with event management, execution, communication and design
* Working well with a diverse population
* Demonstrating knowledge of other languages, cultures, countries is a benefit
IS&O will expected the selected intern to work 10-20 hours per week. Most working hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., but there may be occasional events to work some evenings or weekends.
This is a paid internship starting at $8 an hour, and college credit may be available through your university.
Submit a resume, cover letter and two examples of either written work and/or graphic design to firstname.lastname@example.org.