- Published: Friday, 29 July 2016 10:33
The Oklahoma City Thunder is currenty seeking qualified individuals for an internship position within the in-house graphic design department. The graphic design intern will assist multiple departments throughout the organization with graphic design requests. This internship offers experience in a professional workplace and is an ideal training environment for the design/professional sports industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibiities:
- Design and production on team-related projects including publications, ads, brochures, direct mail, posters,
specialty advertising, invitations, outdoor campaigns, website graphics, etc.
- Take part in multiple rounds of editing on any given project.
- Assist with maintaining and establishing design department policies.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a college credit internship program, preferably pursuing a degree in graphic design/fine art
- Internship requires a minimum of 12 hours per week and will not exeed 30 hours per week
- Must have an understanding of various printing methods and the steps by which digital artwork becomes a
- Experience using Creative Suite on the Macintosh platform working prmarily in InDesign, illustrator and
- Superior attention to detail, especially under pressure of deadlines
- Capable of working on multiple design projects at a given time
- Strong customer service orientation
- Enthusiastic and successful at working in a team environment
- Excellent design sense
- Positive attitude toward colleagues and outside vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This paid internship is a part-time position beginning August 22, 2016 and reporting to the Creative Services Director.
Qualified candidates please apply online at www.nba.com/thunder/employment
- Published: Friday, 29 July 2016 08:39
The Oklahoma City Thunder is seeking an individual to join our organization as the Intern, Video Production for the upcoming semester. This internship program is designed to give students the opportunity to develop valuable skills and gain first-hand experience in the professional sports industry. The intern will interact with multiple departments by participating in the execution of project requests in a fun and fast-paced sports industry environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the inner workings of ThunderVision and the Events and Entertainmnt
- Learn how to organize and maintain digital archiving system
- Organize, edit and create professional projects with Avid
- Learn how to create quality graphics using Photoshop/After Effects
- Learn to maintain the integrity of footage logs
- Shadow ThunderVision personnel during select home games
- Learn proper camera techniques (using Sony XD, Panasonic P2 and DSLR cameras)
- Learn how to execute, maintain and establish professional work relationships
- Occasional office and administrative duties assigned to show full cycle department processes
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be presently enrolled in an accredited college or university with junior or senior level standing
- Must be approved by your school to receive course credit for this internship
- Candidates should be attending classes in broadcasting, video production, marketing or motion graphics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Sony XD, P2, DSLR cameras (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of Avid, Photoshop and After Effects (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of control room equpment -- Chyron, Click FX, EVS (preferred but not required)
- Ability to communcate content across platforms: print, web, audio, video
- Ability and desire to learn and participate in a fast-paced team environment
- An outgoing personality is a must, with the confidence to approach fans or crowd members with enthusiasm
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift and carry camera equipment weighing approximately 30 pounds
This is a paid internship reporting to the Producer, Media Production. The position is part-time and hours will not exceed 30 per week.
Qualified candidates, please apply online at: www.nba.com/thunder/employment
Please reference the Job Title in your correspondence.
- Published: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 08:27
SPM Communications, a forward-thinking, downtown Dallas-based PR agency is seeking candidates for a full-time, paid internship to join our nationally recognized "no-jerks" culture. The company is accepting applications for its fall 2016 internship program and serves major food, restaurant, retail and CPG brands. Start and end dates are flexible but are generally August through December.
Candidate should be motivated to learn exceptional media relations, account service and strategy skills and also equally eager to hands-on contribute to our clients' successes. SPM interns are cross-trained on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and gain key skills to launch a successful career in public relations.
Intern candidate requirements are:
- Candidate must be a senior or recent graduate with a communications-related major.
- Candidate must have at least one prior PR internship.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, critical thinker who can work with a creative team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Candidate should be responsive to direction and able to share idas within a group to help move our clients' businesses forward.
- Candidate should be well-versed in AP style and familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs, as well as PR measurement and research tools, including Cision.
Reports to Senior Account Executives, Account Supervisors, Directors
Please send resume to Loren Rutledge at Loren@spmcommunications.com