- Published: Tuesday, 04 October 2016 12:54
Association for Women in Sports Media (AWSM)
Internships and Scholarships
Eight female college students receive a paid summer internship, $1,000 scholarship, registration/lodging at AWSM's 2017 Conference and a one-year AWSM membership!
Applications accepted in broadcast production, broadcast reporting, print/digital reporting, magazine and public relations. Recent employers include ESPN, CNN, USA Today Sports, MLB.com, Sports Illustrated and Pro Sports Communications.
No fee for AWSM members -- $40 for non-members (Join and save).
Apply Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 at www.awsmonline.org.
- Published: Thursday, 11 August 2016 12:04
Position: Camera Operator
Company: Pinto Horse Association of America, Inc.
Location: Tulsa, OK
Work Period: November 2-13, 2016
Supervisor: Will report to IT Department and office management
Job Description: Assist with all aspects of filming the Color Breed Congress, Ranch Horse Congress and the Mule and Donkey horse shows. Duties include: running camcorder for the webcast.
Other Info: The objective of this internship is to provide students a behind-the-scenes look at marketing a large equine show.
Student must be:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to travel to Tulsa
- Work long hours
Requirements: Must be enrolled in upper-level collegiate courses. Basic knowledge of video, using a Canon High Definition Camcorder, Knowledge of Mac a plus
Benefits: Contract labor fee of $125/day, lodging and meals while in Tulsa. No transportation costs wiill be provided. Must have own transportation.
Contact: Please submit resume, cover letter and video samples to:
Rachel Doner, Director of Communications and Marketing
Pinto Horse Association of America, Inc.
7330 NW 23rd Street
Bethany, OK 73008
(405) 495-0111, Ext. 219
- Published: Friday, 29 July 2016 12:33
The Oklahoma City Thunder is currently seeking a college student to join our team as the Intern, Community Relations for the fall semester. Interns in this program have the opportunity to develop valuable skills and gain first-hand experience in a professional working environment. This position will serve as administrative support for the development and execution of day-to-day Community Relations activities such as charitable donations, development of relationships with community partners and beneficiaries, event planning and execution, and other activities. Hands-on experience may include assisting with events at various locations in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and fulfill community requests including donation and appearance requests
- Database management of donations and item inventory
- Assist with Community Relations special events and fundraisers
- Assist with Thunder Fit Clinics at schools on an as-needed basis
- Assist with Reading Time Outs and Rolling Thunder Book Bus visits at schools on an as-needed basis
- Assist with Thunder Reading Challenge mailings and database upkeep
- Assist in game-night activities including auctions, raffles and fundraises, managing the Tickets for Kids table
and helping with special player appearance opportunities in the arena
- Working onsite with the Thunder Events Center manager to assist with needs related to that facility
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Presently enrolled in an accredited college or university with junior or senior level standing
- Must be approved to receive course credit for the internship
- Candidates should be computer-proficient and detail-oriented
- Background in a sports marketing, community service, or communications department is preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license; intern(s) will need to be able to drive department van
- Must be a self-starter who is also comfortable working in a team environment
- Candidates should display a professional demeanor and outgoing personality
- Solid organization and communication skills a must
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements of the job include bending, walking or standing for extended periods, and lifting up to
This is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Community Relations Event Manager.
Qualified candidates, please apply online at: www.nba.com/thunder/employment