Strategic Communication Intern Needed for OneNet (Division of Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education)
- Published: Monday, 20 February 2017 13:42
OneNet, a division of the Oklahoma State Higher Regents for Higher Education, is currently searching for a strategic communications intern.
Position Title: Strategic Communication Intern
Position Number: 140000
Pay Rate: $12.00-$15.00 per hour; no benefits or leave accrual
Position Type: Part-Time
Posting No.: 051
Essential Function: Paid, temporary position (no benefits or leave accrual) in the OneNet Communications Department for the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Position is part-time (no more than 29 per week), no benefits or leave accrual. Position will pay $12.00-$15.00 per hour based on experience and skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Plan and implement communications strategies for OneNet outreach to the Council on Information Technology (CoIT).
* Assist OneNet executive director and communications director in CoIT initiatives.
* Maintain CoIT WordPress Website.
* Conduct surveys and preapre CoIT reports for submission.
* Provide administrative support to CoIT.
* Research and write feature stories and other content for OneNet and CoIT's websites.
* Participate in content development for OneNet's social media presence.
* Assist with OneNet customer outreach initiatives and event planning.
* Take and edit photos for web and print materials.
* Create and edit PowerPoint presentations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Junior or Senior in bachelor's degree program or graduate student with a major in public relations, marketing, strategic communications
* GPA of 3.5 or higher (transcript required).
* Strong communication and writing skills with knowledge of AP style.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress.
* Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube).
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Self-motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
* Work hours must be between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with no more than 29 hours per week worked.
Supervision - The employee performs work under the supervision of the Director of OneNet Strategic Planning and Communications.
Work Hours - Agency offices are open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. These are the normal office hours for Agency employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Date: 2/9/17
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions for Applicants: Please submit university transcript and one writing sample.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. *Are you a Junior or Senior in a bachelor's degree program with a major in public relations, marketing, mass communications or
journalism? Yes ____ No _____
2. *Do you have a GPA of 3.5 or higher? Yes _____ No _____
3. *Do you have experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and You Tube? Yes _____ No _____
4. *Describe your proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
(Open Ended Question)
5. *How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
_____ Public Job Posting
_____ Internal Job Posting
_____ Agency Referral
_____ Personal Referral
_____ Other Website
6. Are you available to work between 20 and 30 hours a week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.? Yes _____ No _____