- Published: Tuesday, 07 February 2017 15:21
Fantastic opportunity for a student pursuing a degree in Professional Sales, Marketing, Technology Communications, Public Relations or Business Management to learn about the broadband and hosted telecommunications industries with the nation's 3rd largest cable television company. This paid internship is a work-based learning program under wihch students gain professional experience under supervision.
Cox Business is looking for a results-oriented Sales intern with responsibility for providing a project-based review of the sales opportunity, strategy and techniques for selling recently rolled-out products. This position strives to successfully generate sales through product knowledge and consultative selling techniques.
* Investigates and documents the market needs for managed services
* Develops and trains sales techniques to existing, tenured sales force for success in driving prospects
* Generates and analyzes sales data and develops recommendations for overcoming sales objections
* Develops a customer-focused solution-based sales script to identify and motivate potential customers in the consultative process
* Identifies new prospective clients by assisting team on executing on sales activities
* Assists Account Executives on client calls/presentations as requested
* Assists in the preparation of sales proposals and campaign solutions designed to meet individual customer needs
* Gather and distribute media research such as trade magazine articles, industry information, market data and other applicable
information for the sales department
* Attends job-related training as well as strategic and/or development meetings with their Local Sales Manager and as required in the
Attributes/Skills we seek:
* Strong desire to learn
* Consultative approach to customer discussions
* Customer focused attitude
* Self-motivation and accountability
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
* Currently enrolled in a related degree program such as Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business
Management or equivalent-related field
One or more of the following:
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout
* Must possess and can demonstrate strong analytical skills and aptitude
* Proficient computer skills including MIcrosoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Technology background and interest preferred
* Exceptional interpersonal/people skills including superb verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational, detail and follow-up skills
* Exudes a professional image
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes onlline or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
NOTE: This is a paid internship. Interested applicants should submimt their resume through the Career Services office at www.hireosugrads.com to job posting #83523 by February 24, 2017 link.