- Published: Wednesday, 01 March 2017 12:29
Live. Learn. Intern.
Your future begins now!
Apply now. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis with preference given to early applicants. Details on the admissions process -- including tuition fees, deadlines and an online application -- can be found at www.DCinternships.org/CS.
* Official Transcript
* Letter of recommendation from a professor or former supervisor
* Short writing samples
* $25 application fee
Strategic Communication Intern Needed for OneNet (Division of Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education)
- Published: Monday, 20 February 2017 13:42
OneNet, a division of the Oklahoma State Higher Regents for Higher Education, is currently searching for a strategic communications intern.
Position Title: Strategic Communication Intern
Position Number: 140000
Pay Rate: $12.00-$15.00 per hour; no benefits or leave accrual
Position Type: Part-Time
Posting No.: 051
Essential Function: Paid, temporary position (no benefits or leave accrual) in the OneNet Communications Department for the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Position is part-time (no more than 29 per week), no benefits or leave accrual. Position will pay $12.00-$15.00 per hour based on experience and skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Plan and implement communications strategies for OneNet outreach to the Council on Information Technology (CoIT).
* Assist OneNet executive director and communications director in CoIT initiatives.
* Maintain CoIT WordPress Website.
* Conduct surveys and preapre CoIT reports for submission.
* Provide administrative support to CoIT.
* Research and write feature stories and other content for OneNet and CoIT's websites.
* Participate in content development for OneNet's social media presence.
* Assist with OneNet customer outreach initiatives and event planning.
* Take and edit photos for web and print materials.
* Create and edit PowerPoint presentations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Junior or Senior in bachelor's degree program or graduate student with a major in public relations, marketing, strategic communications
* GPA of 3.5 or higher (transcript required).
* Strong communication and writing skills with knowledge of AP style.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress.
* Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube).
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Self-motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
* Work hours must be between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with no more than 29 hours per week worked.
Supervision - The employee performs work under the supervision of the Director of OneNet Strategic Planning and Communications.
Work Hours - Agency offices are open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. These are the normal office hours for Agency employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Date: 2/9/17
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions for Applicants: Please submit university transcript and one writing sample.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. *Are you a Junior or Senior in a bachelor's degree program with a major in public relations, marketing, mass communications or
journalism? Yes ____ No _____
2. *Do you have a GPA of 3.5 or higher? Yes _____ No _____
3. *Do you have experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and You Tube? Yes _____ No _____
4. *Describe your proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
(Open Ended Question)
5. *How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
_____ Public Job Posting
_____ Internal Job Posting
_____ Agency Referral
_____ Personal Referral
_____ Other Website
6. Are you available to work between 20 and 30 hours a week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.? Yes _____ No _____
- Published: Tuesday, 07 February 2017 15:21
Fantastic opportunity for a student pursuing a degree in Professional Sales, Marketing, Technology Communications, Public Relations or Business Management to learn about the broadband and hosted telecommunications industries with the nation's 3rd largest cable television company. This paid internship is a work-based learning program under wihch students gain professional experience under supervision.
Cox Business is looking for a results-oriented Sales intern with responsibility for providing a project-based review of the sales opportunity, strategy and techniques for selling recently rolled-out products. This position strives to successfully generate sales through product knowledge and consultative selling techniques.
* Investigates and documents the market needs for managed services
* Develops and trains sales techniques to existing, tenured sales force for success in driving prospects
* Generates and analyzes sales data and develops recommendations for overcoming sales objections
* Develops a customer-focused solution-based sales script to identify and motivate potential customers in the consultative process
* Identifies new prospective clients by assisting team on executing on sales activities
* Assists Account Executives on client calls/presentations as requested
* Assists in the preparation of sales proposals and campaign solutions designed to meet individual customer needs
* Gather and distribute media research such as trade magazine articles, industry information, market data and other applicable
information for the sales department
* Attends job-related training as well as strategic and/or development meetings with their Local Sales Manager and as required in the
Attributes/Skills we seek:
* Strong desire to learn
* Consultative approach to customer discussions
* Customer focused attitude
* Self-motivation and accountability
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
* Currently enrolled in a related degree program such as Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business
Management or equivalent-related field
One or more of the following:
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout
* Must possess and can demonstrate strong analytical skills and aptitude
* Proficient computer skills including MIcrosoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Technology background and interest preferred
* Exceptional interpersonal/people skills including superb verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational, detail and follow-up skills
* Exudes a professional image
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes onlline or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
NOTE: This is a paid internship. Interested applicants should submimt their resume through the Career Services office at www.hireosugrads.com to job posting #83523 by February 24, 2017 link.