- Published: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 08:50
The OSU Library seeks a creative and tech savvy individual to serve as an Emerging Technology Intern. The successful candidate will work with a mix of OSU Library faculty, staff and students as part of this role. The Intern will assist with Library technology outreach, including but not limited to providing roving guidance, leading pop-up demonstrations, supporting existing programming such as Tech Tuesday@2 (http://info.library.
okstate.edu/techtuesday) events, along with other duties as assigned.
The Emerging Technologies Intern will work 10 hours per week during the Fall 2017 semester (April 14-Dec. 15, 2017). Hours will primarily be scheduled Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Special project hours may be assigned outside of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. with advance notice.
Employment as an intern is on a semester-by-semester basis. Continued employment is contingent upon funding and performance. This position may be eligible for internship credit for some majors. Filing for credit is the responsibility of the student.
Respoonsibilities: The Emerging Technologies Intern will work collaborative with OSU Library faculty, staff, and students in providing technology support, assistance, and training. The Intern will help develop new initiatives, lead instructional sessions, assess effectiveness, support efforts in promoting technology available through the OSU Library, and other duties as assigned.
* OSU student enrolled at least part-time (6 hours undergraduate/4 hours graduate).
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Comfort asking questions and seeking feedback.
* Comfort with public speaking.
* Comfort with technology.
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and ability to work on PC.
* Ability to maintain professional decorum in a team environment and accept constructive feedback.
* Experience with GoPro cameras.
* Experience with 360 cameras.
* Experience with popular Adobe products.
* Experience with 3D printing.
Application Instructions: Application review will begin March 20, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants must submit:
* An Internship Application (http://forms.library.okstate.edu/machform/view.php?id=32780 with
* A letter of interest
For more information, please visit or contact the Dean's office at 744-6322.
More About This Internship
* Education Technology
* Computer Science
Benefits for the student:
* The student will hone out-of-the-box thinking.
* The student will develop communication and outreach skills.
* The student will gain on-camera experience.
* The student will increase technology knowledge and experience.
* The student will learn to work in a university outreach driven team and have the opportunity to interact with individuals from a variety of
Benefits to the Library:
* The Library will gain increased visibility fot technology offerings and tools available for students, faculty and staff.
* The Library will grow technology programming and engage with students throughout campus, including branch locations.
* The Library will gain additional student feedback on emerging technologies such as tools, software, and services with the potential to grow
existing library services.
- Published: Wednesday, 01 March 2017 12:29
Live. Learn. Intern.
Your future begins now!
Apply now. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis with preference given to early applicants. Details on the admissions process -- including tuition fees, deadlines and an online application -- can be found at www.DCinternships.org/CS.
* Official Transcript
* Letter of recommendation from a professor or former supervisor
* Short writing samples
* $25 application fee
Strategic Communication Intern Needed for OneNet (Division of Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education)
- Published: Monday, 20 February 2017 13:42
OneNet, a division of the Oklahoma State Higher Regents for Higher Education, is currently searching for a strategic communications intern.
Position Title: Strategic Communication Intern
Position Number: 140000
Pay Rate: $12.00-$15.00 per hour; no benefits or leave accrual
Position Type: Part-Time
Posting No.: 051
Essential Function: Paid, temporary position (no benefits or leave accrual) in the OneNet Communications Department for the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Position is part-time (no more than 29 per week), no benefits or leave accrual. Position will pay $12.00-$15.00 per hour based on experience and skill set.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Plan and implement communications strategies for OneNet outreach to the Council on Information Technology (CoIT).
* Assist OneNet executive director and communications director in CoIT initiatives.
* Maintain CoIT WordPress Website.
* Conduct surveys and preapre CoIT reports for submission.
* Provide administrative support to CoIT.
* Research and write feature stories and other content for OneNet and CoIT's websites.
* Participate in content development for OneNet's social media presence.
* Assist with OneNet customer outreach initiatives and event planning.
* Take and edit photos for web and print materials.
* Create and edit PowerPoint presentations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Junior or Senior in bachelor's degree program or graduate student with a major in public relations, marketing, strategic communications
* GPA of 3.5 or higher (transcript required).
* Strong communication and writing skills with knowledge of AP style.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress.
* Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube).
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Self-motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
* Work hours must be between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with no more than 29 hours per week worked.
Supervision - The employee performs work under the supervision of the Director of OneNet Strategic Planning and Communications.
Work Hours - Agency offices are open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. These are the normal office hours for Agency employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Date: 2/9/17
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions for Applicants: Please submit university transcript and one writing sample.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. *Are you a Junior or Senior in a bachelor's degree program with a major in public relations, marketing, mass communications or
journalism? Yes ____ No _____
2. *Do you have a GPA of 3.5 or higher? Yes _____ No _____
3. *Do you have experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and You Tube? Yes _____ No _____
4. *Describe your proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
(Open Ended Question)
5. *How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
_____ Public Job Posting
_____ Internal Job Posting
_____ Agency Referral
_____ Personal Referral
_____ Other Website
6. Are you available to work between 20 and 30 hours a week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.? Yes _____ No _____