The Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation will award six $2,000 scholarhsips to deserving students for use during the Fall 2017 and/or Spring 2018 semesters.
The scholarships are listed below:
$2,000 Harold C. & Frances L. Stuart Scholarship
$2,000 Mark Rawlings Memorial Scholarship
$2,000 Sadie Adwon Memorial Scholarship
$2,000 Bill Teegins Memorial Scholarship
$2,000 Stan Forrer Memorial Scholarship
$2,000 arl C. Smith Memorial Scholarship
1. Must be majoring in broadcasting at an Oklahoma college or university that offers a broadcasting-related degree.
2. Must be a junior or senior during the above time period.
3. Must be maintaining a minimum "B" grade average in all courses.
4. Must carry at least 12 hours during the applicable semester(s).
5. Must be planning to enter the broadcast industry upon graduation.
An OAB Education Foundation Application Form must be completed in full and received in the OAB office no later than February 10, 2017. Application must be accompanied by a letter from the student's broadcast instructor or department head endorsing their application and attesting to the minimum grade average and other information contained in the application.
Selection will be based on academic achievement, broadcast industry-related experience, extracurricular activities, financial need, and career goals. Recipients will be notified by e-mail and postal mail on February 17, 2017, and will be recognized at the annual OABEF Student Luncheon on Thursday, March 30, at the Skirvin Hotel in Oklahoma City,
To obtain a copy of the application, click on www.oabok.org/Careers/scholarships.html. Complete and return the application form. Separate sheets containing your numbered responses should be attached.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2017