The School of Media and Strategic Communications at Oklahoma State University has a proud tradition of preparing students for successful careers and for providing them with a well-rounded foundation of skills and appreciation for the importance of mass communication in American society. We are proud of what we have accomplished and of what we will accomplish in the future.
The mission of the School of Media and Strategic Communications is:
- To provide thorough, broadly based professional education for the mass media professions.
- To encourage liberal and cultural background in the arts, literature, languages, and social, biological and physical sciences.
- To promote scholarly research and professional performance.
- To provide media leadership and assistance in extension and public service through high school and college educators and professional communication association.
- To emphasize high standards of ethics and responsibility in mass communication.